Hello fabulous Earthlings ❤ ❤ ❤
I am currently completing my fourth (and final) student teacher placement. Part of this final professional experience is the completion of our GTPA (Graduate Teacher Performance Assessment) – a gruelling 5000 word assignment which is basically a compilation of everything we have learnt over the last 4 years.
To support our claims within the GTPA we need to provide evidence, such as lesson plans, that demonstrate our ability to align curriculum, pedagogy, legislation, policy and theory. To make this entire process a little easier on myself I developed this lesson plan template… gtpa_lesson plan_template ❤
The entire plan is VERY EXPLICIT and I would not recommend using it UNLESS you are completing the GTPA yourself. On a regular day-to-day basis there is just TOO MUCH there, and as a teacher you would not have anywhere near enough time for that..
The post lesson reflection section has a total of 50 potential questions, explicitly linked to the sections of the QCT Evidence Guide to help when putting together the final assessment piece. It was never my intention to answer every single one of those reflection questions following each lesson, I would simply pick and choose the ones I felt related the most and use those as the basis of my reflection.
Do you have a different method of collecting lesson plan data during student teaching? I would love to hear what you’re doing! My methods are constantly changing and evolving as I learn more about the practice of teaching so I am always interested to find out what other people are up to ❤
Have a blessed week!
So during my professional experience over the last month I was writing daily reflections and also reflecting after each lesson I taught and it was getting to the point that I couldn’t even remember what I was reflecting on anymore (#sleepdeprivedstudentteacherlife). So to save time I decided that instead of writing my reflections I would use my phone and record a quick clip of myself.
This is the best idea I’ve ever had because (a) I saved a butt load of time and (b) I was able to record myself straight away in the moment so my reflections were a lot more genuine than their original written counterparts.
I really enjoyed looking back over my past video diaries so I have decided to continue to create video reflections throughout my last year as a student teacher so that in years to come when I am an experienced teacher I can look back and see how far I’ve come.
I created a youtube channel (because I can’t afford to pay for the fancy WordPress account where you can embed your own videos #brokestudentlife) to upload my videos and will create a blog post to accompany each video every week.
As always any advice or feedback you wish to give would be massively appreciated (especially considering my camera skills are far from great).
I hope you enjoy watching my reflections as much as I enjoyed making them ❤
Have a beautiful day!!
Hellloooo Every one!!!
So I am just about to embark on my third and final week of placement and I have spent the entire weekend lesson planning, laminating, cutting, pasting and prepping like a mad woman #studentteacherlife
For my year 10 science I attempted to teach them to balance chemical equations last week and it was (no word of a lie) the most boring lesson ever! So I’ve decided to attempt to shake things up a little this week by running our first lesson of the week as a rotating group activity.
The three activities involve;
- Reading a text and pulling out key dates / people to create a timeline that details the history of the periodic table
- Balancing chemical equations using molymods (after the difficulty they faced balancing equations using multiples, I decided a more tactile, visual approach was in order)
- Creating a categorical system to organise given elements. Students will be given a random assortment of elements and be required to find a way of categorising them.
I used a number of resources for this activity, some I created and 2 I found online and dowloaded. For you convenience here they are…
To make things simpler I printed the assorted sheets on coloured paper (a different colour per activity) and laminated them –> then I created instruction cards that could be read by the students to explain how the activity would run (these are included at the end of the lesson plan). All work would be completed in the students workbooks, with the exception of the timeline which would be completed on a piece of A3 paper, and then hung on the classroom wall.
The finished products ❤
Well I hate to be blunt, but I still have an enormous amount of lesson planning to do for the upcoming week ❤ So I’m going to end this post here.
Have a beautiful week everyone !!